Well, it's been a crazy ride this season, and with only two games left, things will be over soon and I can get back to posting. Do I ever have some stuff for you guys! I'm working on the following:
- Key mistakes to avoid as a defensive coordinator
- Believe me folks, if anybody has screwed up and NOT followed this protocol this season, it's me. I'm going to share some of those events and how we got the ship righted to finish strong.
- The 8-2-1 kickoff return scheme.
- Using nickel personnel to effectively defend the two back running game.
- Tackling drills.
- The unbalanced single wing and how this offense impacted myself, our coaches, and the players.
These are just a few of the things I've got in store, so don't forget about me. In the meantime you can always check out my other blog, The Twelfth Man, where I get away from X's and O's and go a little more "opinionated". Here are some other things you should be looking at as well.
Brophy has been back and has some great pieces, on Saban, Tony Franklin and La. Tech. As always Brophy writes with a witty purpose, and does a great job explaining things.
Smart Football has been putting up some good stuff on the West Coast offense and how it helped Drew Brees attain his record. Also some great articles on Geno Smith, Dana Holgorsen and some breakdown on the zone blitz coverage. As always, Chris is a very talented writer and has links to several great video clips over on his site.
Well, if you season is ending and you are not looking to the playoffs, once it's over, take a week or two and rest up as the whirlwind we know as the off-season will begin! If your headed to the playoffs, congratulations, now keep your eyes on the prize!!!